to view .PDF version of PPFA -- leadership for the plastic pipe
industry (Association Information)
The Plastic Pipe and Fittings Association (PPFA) is the acknowledged leader in the plastic plumbing pipe industry. PPFA was organized in 1978 to create a forum for plastic pipe and fittings manufacturers to address industry issues and the myriad building regulations affecting industry products. Details of those issues and challenges have changed from time to time, but PPFA’s mission continues – We provide value and growth opportunities for our members through the collective promotion and defense of plastic piping products.
The most recent survey of PPFA members about their perception of PPFA indicated:
- 97% of PPFA members said PPFA is either stronger than or equal to other trade organizations they participate in
- 100% of PPFA members either strongly agree or agree that PPFA’s activities are in line with their company’s interests
- 94% (a few “new member” respondents had no opinion) of PPFA members either strongly agree or agree that PPFA has taken an industry-leading role with regards to addressing/promoting plastic pipe and fitting as “green” products.
PPFA has three classes of membership: Regular, Associate and Conformity Assessment Organization.
Any person, partnership, corporation or other form of business enterprise
- engaged in the manufacture and sale of plastic pipe or fittings for use as plumbing products on the building premises; or
- supplying equipment to the industry; or
- supplying prime raw materials to the industry; or
- supplying products related to 1., 2., 3., ...shall be eligible for Regular Membership, provided that each Regular Member be engaged in the North American plastic pipe and fittings industry.
Any person, partnership, corporation, association or other form of business enterprise providing professional services to the industry, and ineligible for Regular Membership or Conformity Assessment Organization Membership shall be eligible for Associate Membership in the Association.
Conformity Assessment Organization Members:
Any person, partnership, corporation or other form of business enterprise or governmental agency engaged in offering conformity assessment service for plastic pipe and fitting products or for systems incorporating them is eligible for Conformity Assessment Organization Membership.
Click here to request information for PPFA Membership.